Continuity, LLC is a leading family business consulting firm that develops comprehensive strategies for enterprising families to thrive together as owners, managers and family members through succeeding generations. We serve clients across the United States and abroad. Our clients include family businesses, enterprising families, family councils and boards of directors of family firms. Continuity's approach to family business consulting is collaborative and we always seek to team with existing advisors as appropriate.
Continuity's work with family firms is grounded in business expertise and supported by a unique understanding and approach to family dynamics and managing conflict. For some clients, managing the inherent conflicts and challenges of early generation businesses may be the focus of our work. For others, managing wealth productively, finding common purpose and balancing the sometimes competing interests among several family branches may be most important. Still others are looking for succession planning that ensures a strong enterprise and leaves all stakeholders feeling fairly treated.
Whatever the situation, we take the time to understand your business, your family, and the interests and needs of all stakeholders in order to help you make sound, informed decisions.
We provide comprehensive business and family systems analysis and, when appropriate, individual assessment and coaching. Our practical business advice is designed to support stakeholders in building a stronger organization and more cohesive family relationships.
Continuity team members have the highest credentials in our respective fields and substantial experience in both family and non-family businesses in the US and abroad.
We have consulted to numerous families facing an array of business challenges, bringing a wealth of experience and knowledge to help them prosper.
STAKEHOLDER MAP FOR FAMILY BUSINESS© (DOWNLOAD)
- FROM FAMILY BUSINESS MAGAZINE
- Doug Baumoel and Blair Trippe wrote an article for the July / August issue on "Sibling Wealth Disparity". (DOWNLOAD)
- Read Doug Baumoel's article about "Developing the Next-Generation Entrepreneur". (DOWNLOAD).
- BOOKS, PRESENTATIONS AND ARTICLES
- Learn more about managing conflict in a family business: read Chapter 42 of The Practice Guide for Alternative Dispute Resolution, written by Douglas Baumoel. MORE
- Family Firm Institute, 2012 International Conference in Brussels: a slide presentation by Doug Baumoel on "Sibling Wealth Disparity". (DOWNLOAD)
- Rave review from the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA) for Mom Always Liked You Best a book co-authored by Continuity partner Blair Tripp and Continuity consultant Rikk Larsen. READ THE REVIEW
- "Holiday Thoughts": Partner Blair Trippe wrote an article, first published in the Lincoln Journal, that speaks to an experience common to many families during the holidays. DOWNLOAD
- IN THE NEWS
- Doug Baumoel named Fellow of the Family Firm Institute. READ MORE.
- Conflict Management
- Succession and Exit Planning
- Management and Organizational Development
- Family Systems
- Governance and Board Development
- Finance and Wealth Planning
- Crisis Management
- Dispute Mediation
- Family Meeting Facilitation
- Experiential Learning / Family Retreats
- Managing Change and Transition
- CURRENT NEWSLETTER
- ABOUT OUR NAME